Every individual team member is integral to keeping the facility running
Location: Maidstone, Kent
Salary: £23,000 - £28,000
CustodianDC is a fast growing DataCentre with a global reach and customer base. We are seeking a NOC Engineer to join our expanding NOC team, who support our data centre during the day and night. You will be involved in our network, electrical and cooling systems as well as providing support to our clients.
This role consists of a 4 on 4 off shift pattern, alternating between day and night shifts. (4 days on, 4 days off, 4 nights on, 4 nights off). You *must* be comfortable working nights to be considered for this role.
At the beginning of your employment with us, we'll show you the ropes, and get you settled in. Over time, we'll start giving you more responsibilities, and you'll be able to start implementing your own projects into the business' ecosystem.
Other engineers have taken various projects under their belt such as site-wide WiFi management, monitoring systems, customer rack checking and more!
What's on Offer:
- A challenging and rewarding environment
- The opportunity to learn new technologies
- Private health insurance after first year
- Additional bonus for each night shift
- Free secure onsite parking
- Starting between £23,000 - £28,000
- Regular company social events & updates
Main roles and responsibilities:
- Providing support to clients
- Carrying out remote hands
- Running and testing cables
- Diagnosing and resolving hardware issues
- Providing technical support for non-NOC staff
- Helping to maintain our own infrastructure
- Liaising with 3rd party suppliers to resolve faults
- Use of monitoring systems to identify potential issues
- Network and workstation troubleshooting
- Monitoring, troubleshooting and escalating network faults
- Proactively working to update and process tickets within our system
- Assisting with projects and installations
This role will suit someone who is a self-starter and has the right attitude to learn and move forwards, as we will provide training where required.
Our site is easily reachable from the M20 Junction 7 with plenty of parking on-site.
The successful applicant will:
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have a keen attention to detail and a strong customer service orientation
- Have proven analytical skills
- Be disciplined, organised and self-motivated
- Have knowledge of Windows and Linux environments
- Have a good understanding of TCP/IP, routing and switching
- Be able to use basic network diagnostic tools (ping, traceroute, mtr etc.)
- Have some understanding of Power and Cooling systems within a DataCentre
- Have experience of supporting a business critical platform in a 24/7 environment
- Informal phone call to discuss the role
- Formal interview in person.
Salary: Competitive Base Salary (No upper limit on commission)
Custodian Data Centres are an award-winning data centre and network company that pushes the boundaries of innovation to deliver truly industry-leading services to its clients. Based at the Maidstone TV Studios in Kent, we are lucky to have some of the brightest and most forward-thinking people in the industry, all driving towards the common goal of providing world-class data centre services.
With continued investment into new data centre capacity and network expansion, we are looking for another member of the team to spread the word about our exceptional facilities. Our main products are colocation & a range of network services including IP Transit, Point to point, MPLS & VPLS. Our client base is amazingly diverse & includes many of the counties IT companies, International law firms, the UK's largest search engine, Universities, the NHS, local authorities and many SME's.
About the Role
This is a Sales role. However, sales for us is about building long term mutually beneficial relationships by showing the passion & understanding of what we can offer to any company that relies on their IT infrastructure. With the help of our Marketing team you will contact carefully selected companies who we believe will benefit from using a world class data centre & network.
Every one of our clients is trusting us to look after one of the most important elements of their business. This role needs someone who can understand that trust and represent Custodian accordingly. A full training programme will form part of the induction process and on-going training will be encouraged. Accurate records will need to be kept across all activity & updated on our CRM.
The role is fully supported by the commercial team & we have some of the best engineers in the industry on-hand for when you need them.
The salary package consists of a very good basic plus excellent commission with no upper limit
Ideally you will already be successfully selling IT related solutions, perhaps in a sales or pre-sales role. You may not have direct experience of Data Centre & Network sales but knowledge of IT infrastructure, managed services, cloud migration or IT Transformation would all be useful. We are looking for someone who doesn't mind cold calling on the phone but in a patient and intelligent way.
You will need confidence, enthusiasm, a willingness to learn and an organised approach to your work.
What's on offer...
Not only will you be contributing to one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the county, but we offer the following in return for your hard work and dedication:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- BUPA Health Insurance
- Company socials