Every individual team member is integral to keeping the facility running
Location: Maidstone, Kent
NOC Engineer required to work in a fast growing Technical Team.
The NOC Engineer role at Custodian Data Centres is a very challenging and varied role. You will be involved in our network, electrical and cooling systems, supporting clients, assisting with projects and installations, providing remote hands, call logging, network and workstation troubleshooting, running cables and many other tasks, to help ensure our data centre has no outages and continuing our excellent customer service record.
- Excellent communication skills
- Keen attention to detail and strong customer service orientation
- Proven analytical skills
- Previous experience of working weekend and nightshifts
- Excellent OS troubleshooting skills (Windows and Linux)
- Good understanding of TCP/IP, routing and switching, PING, traceroute
- Good knowledge of network technologies including Cisco
- Experience with Helpdesk tools within an ITIL environment
- Understanding of power and cooling systems
- Experience of supporting a business critical platform in a 24/7 environment
To handle NOC operations, customer setup, support and maintenance of all DataCentre systems and infrastructure. Reporting directly to the NOC Team Leader or the Technical Director.
This role initially includes being the senior engineer in charge of NOC operations at any given time should the NOC have neither of the above persons present.
This role is shift based and you will be expected to primarily do night shifts or to comply with the shift rota as defined by the company.
This role will suit someone who is a self-starter and has the right attitude. You will want to learn and move forward. We will provide training where required.
Our site is reachable from the M20 Junction 7 with plenty of parking on-site. You must be able to go through Security Clearance for this role.