Every individual team member is integral to keeping the facility running
Salary: £35,000 - £55,000 plus benefits and on-call bonuses
Location: Maidstone, Kent
IT Service Desk Manager
As a fast growing DataCentre with global reach and customer base, we are seeking to expand our team with a Service Desk Manager to take the lead with our 24/7 Operations Centre. If you are a motivated, methodical and driven individual looking for your next challenge, then read on!
Main roles and responsibilities:
Service desk activities:
- Manage a 24/7 NOC team of engineers.
- Analyse and manage problems relating to the incidents received.
- Monitor incidents and/or SLA breaches.
- Report to the Directors.
- Acting as a key point of contact for all IT and technical queries.
- Develop relationships with customers and manage new setups.
- Install and maintain IT equipment and software for internal use.
- Diagnose and resolve hardware and software issues of our own infrastructure.
- Provide local support for non-NOC staff.
- Manage workflow of NOC team.
- Receive customer contacts and resolve incidents or provide information in a professional manner.
- Create, edit, assign and close tickets.
Change Management and process:
- Provide input to the Change Management process when appropriate based on actions dictated by the resolution of a customer contact.
- Review, manage and adapt the workflow of the NOC team to develop better processes.
- Document common solutions to common problems on our internal Wiki.
- Maintain reference material and documentation for company operations.
- Provide and arrange training for the NOC team.
Software Support and Development:
- Developing your own applications when needs arise, working alongside our development team.
- Maintaining and expanding a number of in-house systems and databases.
- Manage projects on technical topics mainly around Custodian's own infrastructure and new technologies.
The Successful Applicant Will:
- Have solid experience of providing hands on service desk management and running ticketing systems.
- Have strong project management experience.
- Be Windows Server competent (2012/2016)
- Be Linux Server competent (Ubuntu preferred)
- Have already been providing SLA management, Vendor management and stakeholder reporting.
- Have some Cloud solutions experience
- Understand DataCentre operations (infrastructure and core business elements)
- Have used various monitoring tools (Cacti/Nagios/Observium or similar)
- Good understanding of ISO27001, ITIL and GDPR.
What's on Offer:
- A Challenging and constantly involving environment
- Flexible hours
- £35,000 - £55,000
- Plus benefits
- On-call bonuses
Salary: £9.00 per hour
Location: Maidstone, Kent
Static Security Officer
Custodian Data Centres are at the heart of digital growth in the county. We provide a completely robust environment to support critical IT infrastructure and provide Internet and network connectivity to both public and private enterprise. Based at Maidstone Television Studios, we have recently opened new data floors to keep pace with demand for our services.
Custodian Data Centre operates 24 hours a day 365 days a year. The security department provides the security resources to protect Maidstone TV studios and CustodianDC assets and staff.
Our security team work directly for CustodianDC Ltd who have a commitment to continuous improvement. The successful candidate would therefore be invited to attend paid training courses throughout the year.
This role would suit an experienced security officer who is looking to work on one site, on a rolling rota shift pattern. You will be an important part of a small team where everyone can make a difference.
- To provide effective physical security to ensure the protection of Maidstone Studios and Custodian Data Centre buildings, staff and assets and to be accountable for actions and decisions made whilst on duty.
- To read, understand and adhere to the standard operating instructions and all other documentation, procedures and policies relevant to your role and carry out your role professionally, safely and effectively.
- To treat all public, staff and visitors with courtesy and respect at all times.
The successful candidate will:
- Have at least 1 or more years practical security experience
- Hold an SIA License, S/O or above
- Elements of this role take place outdoors and throughout the year, therefore a reasonable level of fitness is required.
- Be able to build a working relationship with all colleagues and customers
- Have strong customer service skills
- Be highly organised and adaptable
- Excellent telephone, written and interpersonal skills
- Be a natural people, strong communicator and team player.
Salary: Dependent on experience
Location: Maidstone, Kent
Award winning, privately owned, fast growing data centre operator working with cutting-edge solutions, requires outstanding candidates to join our expanding team. Looking for a new challenge? Custodian Datacentres is seeking out skilled network switching and routing engineers to join the expanding team at their flagship Maidstone site. Working within a 24/7 team, you will be responsible for a wide range of services across all the infrastructure categories of power, cooling and connectivity. Successful applicants will need to prove themselves in a networking environment during the interview stage and should ideally come with CCNP Routing and Switching as a minimum. Applicants without these qualifications will still be considered, providing they have a strong networking background and extensive experience across a variety of Cisco platforms. The candidate will form part of a 24/7 rota and will be expected to work a range of day and night shifts. Attractive and competitive salary dependent on experience.
- Proven technical expertise that stands out in a crowd
- Creative and friendly workspace
- Ability to work methodically and use your own initiative to problem solve
- Happy to work night and evening shift work, with some days
- Flexible and driven to build and expand your key skills
- Not only great with technical challenges, but also great with face-to-face client interaction
- Someone who thrives on challenging their technical expertise daily
- Willingness to run cables and perform other manual data centre related jobs
- Capacity to understand that the job is never done and continually tackle the ever-changing nature of the technical world
- IP Routing - Excellent working knowledge
- Ethernet Switching - Excellent working knowledge
- NAT and IP connectivity troubleshooting
- IPv6 knowledge and Linux experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous NOC experience