Our services can be completely bespoke to suit your requirements
However, as a guideline to help you plan a server relocation or data centre move tend to fall under one, or be a mixture of the following:
IT Equipment Packing and Transportation
This service includes packing your already de-racked servers, switches etc. into our foam lined server flight cases, and transporting along with associated rack mounts, cables etc. to the destination. The equipment is then unpacked and handed over to your team.
De-Rack and Re-Rack
As with our packing option, our team also physically removes the equipment and rack mount arms from the rack, then re-racks everything at the destination according to your agreed rack plan.
De-Commission and Re-Commission
As described, with the addition of our team removing all associated cabling, documenting the process if required. We will then commence re-cabling at the destination according to your agreed rack plan and patching schedule.
Taking the stress out of moving from one data centre facility to another, Custodian strives to make the process as easy as possible, whether that's in the form of setting up short term connectivity solutions or with the physical move itself. In general, we include top of the range Rittal TS IT 47U racks as part of our offering, although if you would prefer to use your own racks we can usually accommodate them and arrange to have them shipped and installed into our facilities. Working with a specialist and experienced partner, we are happy to offer these services in order to give you a single point of contact for as much of the process as possible.
Whether you just require the equipment to be physically moved, or completely de-commissioned and re-commissioned, our engineers will protect your hardware by packing it into purpose built, foam lined, server flight cases with anti-static bubble wrap.
At no time is your equipment left unattended, with our service being completely dedicated and fully insured during relocation, giving you peace of mind that your hardware and data is secure in the transition to your new facility.
Our data centre relocation services include:
- Dedicated Project Manager – a single point of contact ensuring your move is as smooth as possible
- End to end solutions – including pre-move audits, cabling, packing/un-packing and de-commissioning/re-commissioning, as well as physical transportation
- Custom-built packaging for secure transportation – providing the maximum level of protection for all devices in transit
- Specialist handling equipment – ensuring that all moves are carried out in complete safety
- 24/7 availability – minimising disruption to the normal running of your business
- Experienced relocation engineers – years of practical experience with a wide range of IT hardware from major manufacturers including HP, Dell, IBM, Fujitsu, EMC, Cisco, SUN, Brocade and Avaya
- Fully insured, secure, dedicated service – you’re in the hands of experienced professionals with the backing of full insurance cover