Award Winning Green Credentials
Passionate about a sustainable future. The environment is built into our core.
Our Corporate Social Responsibility
We are passionate about building a sustainable future, protecting the environment as well as enriching our wider community through the support of clients, those living locally and charitable foundations. Our efforts have been recognised as winners of the Green Data Centre accolade at the Datacentre Leaders Awards.
As a data centre built with environmental concerns at its core, we have designed our infrastructure and processes to minimise impact on our natural resources, optimising our efficiencies and achieving unprecedented levels of energy conservation within our industry, using five times less energy per kW of IT load than the average data centre. What's more, our PUE regularly drops below 1.2, meaning that for every 1kW used to power equipment hosted in the data centre, we use 0.2kW of power to operate all related areas of infrastructure, such as cooling, lighting, etc. These efficiencies not only allow us to benefit the world around us but to pass on savings to our clients.
Our Staff & Company
- Our staff aim to recycle, reduce and reuse wherever possible
- We set targets to ensure efficiencies are maximised and environmental impacts are reduced, as well as preventing pollution and minimising consumption of resources
- Use internal procurement audit to examine all company purchases, considering delivery distance and manufacturing processes
- Encourage environmental protection among suppliers and subcontractors
- Comply with applicable environmental legal requirements and incentives
- Act as a responsible member of the local community by supporting charities and members of the area as a whole
- Dedicate time and resources to ensuring that members of the organisation feel valued, respected and encouraged
Our Building Utilises Methods of Reaching Our Environmental Potential
- Following extensive research, Custodian operates an industry-leading fresh air cooling system, built by our in-house teams. This approach only requires chillers for 5% of the year
- Cold aisle containment system and rack blanking policy, further increasing efficiency levels
- Our green SLA gives an upper temperature limit of 26 degrees, well within the operating tolerances of equipment manufacturers whilst allowing us to avoid wasting valuable energy to unnecessarily cool the data centre LED lighting systems
- Recycled heat output saves 30% of building heating costs
- Location allows cleaner air quality, increasing the lifecycle of filtration equipment
- Favourable outside air temperatures